TVDSB is committed to shifting towards a culture of innovation. To support their work and align this work with what is being done in the broader community, I'd like to see:
- The board consider the idea of an innovation council comprised of some of our area innovation leaders.
- Further support for coding, virtual reality, digital creative learning and robotics.
- Greater mentoring partnerships and alignment with the digital creative sector which is strongly represented in our local economy.
- More conferences, workshops, extra-curricular activities geared towards innovation.
As your trustee, this is something I believe will help prepare our students for the future.
"Increasingly in the twenty-first century, what you know is far less important than what you can do with what you know. The interest in and ability to create new knowledge to solve new problems is the single most important skill that all students must master today.”
- Tony Wagner, Creating Innovators